test, please ignore
Susan
2003-12-14 17:47:57 UTC
test, please ignore
Stimpson J. Cat
2003-12-14 17:44:02 UTC
Post by Susan
test, please ignore
What if I don't want to ignore this?

hmmm?

Watcha gonna do about it??

Stimpson
John Briggs
2003-12-14 17:49:12 UTC
Post by Susan
test, please ignore
alt.test is that way -->
--
John Briggs
Wouter Valentijn
2003-12-14 18:23:52 UTC
Post by John Briggs
Post by Susan
test, please ignore
alt.test is that way -->
alt.test won't work if your problem is with alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer.
--
Wouter Valentijn

www.zeppodunsel.nl
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/zeppodunsel/
With fanfics and essays. Some in Dutch. Some in English.

www.nksf.nl
De Nederlandstalige Nieuwsgroep voor SF, Fantasy en Horror.
John Briggs
2003-12-14 18:35:51 UTC
Post by Wouter Valentijn
Post by John Briggs
Post by Susan
test, please ignore
alt.test is that way -->
alt.test won't work if your problem is with alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer.
There are problems with alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer? And they prevent alt.test
from working?
John Briggs
Wouter Valentijn
2003-12-14 18:44:18 UTC
Post by John Briggs
Post by Wouter Valentijn
Post by John Briggs
Post by Susan
test, please ignore
alt.test is that way -->
alt.test won't work if your problem is with alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer.
There are problems with alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer? And they prevent alt.test
from working?
Sometimes a newsreader program like OE has a technical glitch in one or more
NG's one has subscribed to. Some messages arrive but others don't.
I myself had a problem with alt.startrek.vs.starwars. Some replies didn't
make it. I checked with an other newsreader (Agent) and saw that the reply
had indeed arrived. It just didn't show up in OE. Even after loading the
next 300 messages. After I saw that the message had arrived I reloaded the
NG in OE and the message that at first did not show up suddenly was there.
One drawback was that I have now only the messages of the last couple of
days in that NG.

John Briggs
2003-12-14 18:49:50 UTC
Post by Wouter Valentijn
Sometimes a newsreader program like OE has a technical glitch in one or
more NG's one has subscribed to. Some messages arrive but others don't.
I myself had a problem with alt.startrek.vs.starwars. Some replies didn't
make it. I checked with an other newsreader (Agent) and saw that the reply
had indeed arrived. It just didn't show up in OE. Even after loading the
next 300 messages. After I saw that the message had arrived I reloaded the
NG in OE and the message that at first did not show up suddenly was there.
One drawback was that I have now only the messages of the last couple of
days in that NG.
I can only sympathise, but how would posting a message "test, please ignore"
help?
John Briggs
Wouter Valentijn
2003-12-14 19:09:48 UTC
Post by John Briggs
Post by Wouter Valentijn
Sometimes a newsreader program like OE has a technical glitch in one or
more NG's one has subscribed to. Some messages arrive but others don't.
I myself had a problem with alt.startrek.vs.starwars. Some replies didn't
make it. I checked with an other newsreader (Agent) and saw that the reply
had indeed arrived. It just didn't show up in OE. Even after loading the
next 300 messages. After I saw that the message had arrived I reloaded the
NG in OE and the message that at first did not show up suddenly was there.
One drawback was that I have now only the messages of the last couple of
days in that NG.
I can only sympathise, but how would posting a message "test, please ignore"
help?
To test if a message *can* arrive were you want it to arrive.
Or more specifically (if the problem is similar to the problem I've
described here) if you can see you own messages appear in your own OE.
It is a first stage in determining where the problem might be located.
alt.test I would use for testing whether something like a spam-counter
measure is effective or not. More general purpose as opposed to NG specific
as seems to be the case here.

Dave K
2003-12-14 22:50:56 UTC
Post by Wouter Valentijn
Post by John Briggs
help?
To test if a message *can* arrive were you want it to arrive.
Or more specifically (if the problem is similar to the problem I've
described here) if you can see you own messages appear in your own OE.
It is a first stage in determining where the problem might be located.
alt.test I would use for testing whether something like a spam-counter
measure is effective or not. More general purpose as opposed to NG specific
as seems to be the case here.
Answer: don't use OE. :-)

Dave K
"Goodbye stakes, hello flying fatality!"
NickKnight
2003-12-14 19:47:21 UTC
Post by Susan
test, please ignore